Monday, September 22, 2008

My amazing journey

This past weekend I had the chance to do something bigger than myself. With my husband and two of the best friends anyone could ask for, the four of us took the first steps to helping cure breast cancer. 

Though Jason and I have not been touched by this disease, we know that its probably only a matter of time before it reaches someone close to us.  That was the reason we walked. So that no one we know will ever have to suffer. 

On the other hand, Margaret has an Aunt that is a 2 time survivor and was her inspiration to keep moving!!

This picture was taken at 5:45 in the a.m. We didn't even know what we were getting ourselves into!!!
ITS TRUE!!! Also, if you see the woman walking between Jason and Greg, she is a true hero in every respect. She is about 68 years old and has made a pledge to walk 100 long distance walks in a combination of 40 mile/2 day Avon walks and of course the Breast Cancer 3-Day 60 mile walks. Her goal is to raise 1 million dollars for breast cancer and she is well on her way.  We got to visit with her on the walk and it really shows that anyone can do this!!!
Signs like this kept us going! How funny!!!!!
WE FINISHED!!! It hurt and it was hot and my body ached and my feet swelled up like balloons but  I loved it and I was so proud of all of us!!! The saying 'blood, sweat and tears' comes to mind, but then I am reminded of the signs that kept us going and the team with the same name -- BOOBS, SWEAT AND TEARS!!!!!!!
About 8 times their normal size and blisters on both heels but they still work! "Your blisters will be gone before her cancer is!!"

This was at closing ceremonies. Celebrating the survivors!!!!!!!

It was one of the hardest, most rewarding, fun, difficult, amazing and emotional things I have ever done. I hope I get the chance to do it again :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Way to go! I'm so proud of you guys!