Sunday, December 20, 2009

Moving right along

Since the last update.... Jason did the electrical work with the help of his brother's father-in-law
He then insulated the walls, followed by a layer of plastic. Once the inspector gave it the A-OK, Jason headed over to the local Home Depot for the sheetrock. Since we don't have a truck, he had to rent one to bring it all home. Well, since I was the only other person available to help unload the sheetrock, I helped bring in all 12 sheets. I know, you're impressed. 

After hanging sheet rock until 2 a.m. Friday night, my dad came over on Saturday to start to mud and tape. Midway through, I hear Jason yell 'Kendra, come get your cat and clean him off!" Confused, I ran into the kitchen. GoGo had jumped up on the half wall, constructed for the bar, and walked through the fresh drywall mud. 

I had to rinse off his feet. This was not the first 'rinse' he had had that day either. Earlier, he darted into the garage, and spent a good twenty minutes playing under the car, rolling in dirty slush. He received an entire bath for that one....
Here is my dad sanding.
Walls are almost done!

No comments: